July 11, 2010

Been sick, now what?

I have been sick for about two weeks now. Last week, I got a virus which literally stopped me from doing a lot of things (read: running) and was getting fine around last Tuesday when (sound effect: WaPpAk!!!) I got a sprain. I was using this shoes that was misaligned that caused my left foot to ache. So, for the last two weeks, combined total running distance is just 10K. Bad.

Now, I decided to let go of the barkada's planned weekend beach outing so I can recuperate from the virus and sprain I got. I am having a 'day-off' on Monday as well as it's my beloved mother's birthday. I am not going back to running but instead I am formally starting my marathon training. With the New York Marathon on scheduled for November 7, 2010, I still have around 3 1/2 months to prepare for it and oh boy, no one can guess what measures I have done to make this marathon a reality. The only thing lacking is the training for the actual marathon.

Tuesday is the start of forever. A definite milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and once moderated, it will be shown to public.