May 17, 2010

Garmin! Finally...

When I arrived in Manila last Friday, May 14, one of the first few things I did was to call my friend (Victor Domingo) and ask him when can I get the Garmin I had him buy for me in the US. He replied and told me he is coming to a place near my house and we should meet up so he can give me the goods. So we did and I was excited.

Then there was it, my own Garmin. I went home, checked it out and decided that I will charge, install and use the following Sunday. This will give me more time to read the manual and what this new toy can offer.

Then came Sunday and I did everything on schedule. Was really anxious to go back to running with my new Garmin. I ran and tried the gadget and was completely happy with it. Here are some of the functionality I liked about my Garmin:

  • Pace Information
  • Pace Alert - alerts you when you run too fast or slower
  • KM readings
  • Time reading
  • Real Time - as a normal watch
  • All these information in just one page of the watch
I am so excited to show off my new toy to my other running friends. One thing though is I fell like a Bioman when I wear it. It's bulky but it does definitely fit my style.
The Box

The Watch


The Gadgets in the Box


3 comments:

  1. Excellent choice.
    the 305 in my opinion is the best in the series of Garmin
    patrick concepcion
    http://runningshield.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Patrick,

    I think so too. I have read a lot of reviews of Garmin and looks like 305 is the best choice. Its cheaper, functional and works right for a runner. Downside would be the "bulkiness" which for me works. I am not a fan of 405's "look".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha! Bioman henshin brace!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and once moderated, it will be shown to public.